Our 2006 European Summit was held on 30 November in Cologne, Germany. This was the first in our series of ImpaQt Summits.
The presentations produced for the Cologne 06 & San Francisco 07 events are now available here for download in PDF format. Please note that you will need to login to download these documents.
9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Bayer Corporate HQ Leverkusen
The registration fee was US $600 or EUR 500, but summit attendance was free for ImpaQt subscribers
The focus of these Summits was the Policy & Practice Benchmarking Survey, a modular survey that helps describe, measure and benchmark all aspects of a company's international mobility program. This is one of a new suite of ImpaQt tools developed by corporate members of the Expatriate Technology Forum (ETF) to help companies optimize their global mobility programs.
Presentations examined recently published results and provided feedback on how companies are using the tool. Attendees had the opportunity to participate in discussions about how the survey, and other elements of the ImpaQt toolkit, will evolve going forward.
Program highlights presentations and interactive workshops on:
- Current approach to, and uses of, benchmarking
- techniques, limitations, strengths and opportunities
- opportunities from benchmarking new metrics
- Survey architecture
- how it aims to address the limitations we currently experience
- how the design enables deep insight into policy and practice
- Survey results
- what the results tell us about policy and practice
- how to use ImpaQt tools to understand your own market position
- using ImpaQt to manage and communicate change at your company
- ImpaQt going forward
- potential future projects for the ImpaQt platform priorities for new tools
- making the most of networking opportunities
- Summit presenters included:
- Monica Arosio, Roche, Basle, Switzerland
- Paula Caligiuri Ph.D., Director, Center for HR Strategy, Rutgers University, NJ, USA
Procter & Gamble
- 100% of attendees gave the summit an overall good or excellent rating
- 89% of attendees felt that the roundtable workshop discussions were good or excellent
- Monica Arosio's presentation, Using ImpaQt at Roche was the most popular talk
- An anonymous attendee remarked that Monica's presentation, "was very helpful in demonstrating the practical use of ImpaQt"