Our 2007 US Summit was held on 18 Januray in San Francisco, USA. It was the second part of our second series of ImpaQt Summits.
The presentations produced for the Cologne 06 & San Francisco 07 events are now available here for download in PDF format. Please note that you will need to login to download these documents.
9:00 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.
InterContinental Mark Hopkins Hotel Nob Hill
San Francisco, USA
The registration fee was US $600 or EUR 500, but summit attendance was free for ImpaQt subscribers.
The focus of the summit was the Policy & Practice Benchmarking Survey, a modular survey that helps describe, measure and benchmark all aspects of a company's international mobility program. This is one of a new suite of ImpaQt tools developed by corporate members of the Expatriate Technology Forum (ETF) to help companies optimize their global mobility programs.
Presentations examined recently published results and provided feedback on how companies are using the tool. Subscribers will also have the opportunity to participate in discussions about how the survey, and other elements of the ImpaQt toolkit, will evolve going forward.
- Current approach to, and uses of, benchmarking
- techniques, limitations, strengths and opportunities
- opportunities from benchmarking new metrics
- Survey architecture
- how it aims to address the limitations we currently experience
- how the design enables deep insight into policy and practice
- Survey results
- what the results tell us about policy and practice
- how to use ImpaQt tools to understand your own market position
- using ImpaQt to manage and communicate change at your company
- ImpaQt going forward
- potential future projects for the ImpaQt platform priorities for new tools
- making the most of networking opportunities
- Summit presenters included:
- Monica Arosio, Roche, Basle, Switzerland
- Carl Brosman, Boeing, Seattle, WA USA
Occidental Oil & Gas
Procter & Gamble
- 100% of attendees gave the summit an overall good or excellent rating
- Monica Arosio's presentation, Using ImpaQt at Roche' was the most popular talk (her talk also garnered top reviews at the Summit in Cologne)
- Monica's talk received the following praise: "great session, enjoyed the overview" and "good practical information to take back"
- Michael Elia's (TraQs) talk, Correlations Between Outcomes & Market Measurement was called "exciting stuff" by one respondent
- John Pfeiffer (AIRINC), who presented, ImpaQt Going Forward The Potential of the Platform, was assessed as someone who is "a great presenter, he knows the info"
- Workshop I: Survey Results was seen as "a great opportunity to experience the use of the index"
- Workshop II: Using the Index Policy Results was praised for helping to "rapidly evaluate the usefulness of the data"
- One attendee offered as a final comment that the Summit demonstrated "excellent tools that have enormous applicability and value to clients"
- Another attendee commented that the Policy & Practice Survey is "the best tool I've seen".
For summit details and agendas, please click on the link below:
:: San Francisco, USA